: 60 minutes
: 10 minutes
: 12 Doughnuts
: 2 tbsp
: 1/2 cup
: 250 gm
- Mix 2 to 3 tbsp Milkmaid and milk together. Warm over a pan of hot water. Blend in yeast and 2 tbsp of maida. Leave at room temperature
for 20 to 30 minutes to ferment.
- Mix salt and remaining maida together. Add to fermented yeast mixture along with beaten egg and melted butter. Mix well.
- knead dough well on a lightly floured table and divided into 12 equal rounds. Cover each with a greased polythene sheet and leave to
rise for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove polythene. Make a hole in the middle of each round. Fill in 1/2 tsp of jam, pinch into shape again.
- Deep fry in medium hot fat. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Roll in sugar, cinnamon mixture and serve.
The mixture containing yeast should be only lukewarm (38-40o C). Overheating destroys the yeast
cells. When yeast dough is left for rising, cover well with greased polythene sheet to prevent a skin forming on the surface.
If fresh yeast is used instead of dry yeast, double the quantity of yeast.